Baby Vaishu

Our family is very big on stories and retelling of stories.

One of my parents favorite stories is how Vaishutai as a baby needed to sleep with my mom's braid in her hand. Once my parents had stepped out for a party, with my sister in tow (she was the only child back then). My mom decided for a change to wear a bun as was in vogue back then. In the retelling of this story my mom would always remind us that it was Dad who insisted she wear a bun, and she would say, "Are you sure? How will Vaishu sleep when she is sleepy at the party?". My Dad reassured her that Vaishu wouldn't mind as she was older.

Well turns out Vaishu did mind, was sleepy and cried, and my mom removed her bun at the party and quickly made a braid and had the sleepy child sleep in her lap with the braid in her chubby hands.

I can't even remember how many times we have talked about it. And Vaishutai would laugh, and we all would laugh.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Progeny of Love

Hushed Voices!

Missing her