Tiger cubs

Again another story retold multiple times.

My mom was a tiger mom. However she met her match with a tiger-cub, my eldest sister.

When Vaishutai was in the 2nd or 3rd grade, Aai made her write an essay 20 times. The essay if I recall was about "A parrot" -- don't know who I can check with about this b'coz Vaishutai was the one who remembered everything. My mom's mantra has always been "do your best work, and work hard". My mom after having prepared her first born thus, was very satisfied and waited eagerly for her to come back after the exam.

Vaishutai came back from the exams and my mom was thrilled to see that the essay they had practiced was indeed one of the options for essay-writing. However, to my mom's chagrin, Vaishutai wrote a different essay in the exam and not the one that they had prepared. Also Vaishutai was fearless enough to tell her so. My shocked mom asked her, "Why did you write a different essay?". Vaishutai responded with, "Because I got bored of writing that essay, and so wanted to write a different one".

On the retelling of this story, though we all would laugh, Vaishutai would laughingly say, "Ho assa koni karta ka? Lahan mulhi kadun evdha kaam karavoon ghyaycha. Bara jhala me vhegala essay lihala".

Tiger cubs indeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Progeny of Love

Hushed Voices!

Missing her